A Beginner’s Guide to Photoshop Elements 9 - Coming Soon!
Submitted by Matt on 10 January 2011 - 1:37am
Over the past few months I’ve been thinking about re-recording my popular video series ‘A Beginner’s Guide to Photoshop Elements’, updating it from version 6 to 9. It’s a lot of work so it wasn’t a decision I could take lightly, as not only would I need to update parts of the course that had changed through the versions, but also add additional content on other essential commands and new features that came along with version 9.
In July I decided I wanted to do it and with a new version of Elements imminent the timing was good. The rumour was a September release but I couldn’t do too much preparation because I hadn’t got a clue what Adobe would change, and the new features they’d give us. I also decided during that time the course would double in content, but it would not be free.
Now I realise I run a free Photoshop training site and the name even supports that notion but this latest series requires too much work and time to give away. The price will be £12.99 (approximately $18) and be available via digital download worldwide and on DVD in the UK and other countries where possible. I’m recording the series in high quality 1024x768 and it’s looking like it is going to come out at something like 10 hours of content. All the videos will be completely re-organised into chapters and re-recorded in Photoshop Elements 9.
Before I’m done writing about money, and what is and isn’t free I want to reassure members of the site that I’ll continue updating content on a weekly basis; I know that’s been a bit lax in recent weeks but I’ve been directing all my free time to the course.
Above, in an example taken from the chapter 'Selections Explained' we'll use the Quick Selection Tool, a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer, and a mask to change the colour of Elvis' pink cadillac.
I’ve listed the chapters below, with each one being split into 4-8 videos-
- The Welcome Screen
- Installing the Project Files
- Introducing the Organiser
- Importing & Organising Photos
- Tagging Photos
- Finding & Viewing Photos
- Touring the Guided and Quick Edit Modes
- The Guided & Quick Edit Modes in Action
- Creating and Sharing Images
- Introducing the Full Edit Mode
- Basic Photo Edits
- Selections Explained
- Making Photos Look Their Best
- Photo Manipulation
- Text & Shapes
- Effects & Filters
- Blurring & Sharpening
- Output & Optimisation
So here’s a summary in bullet-point style-
- Available from February 2011.
- Content increased by 400% from 2.5 hours to 10.
- High quality 1024x 768 video.
- Full project files accompany the course.
- Available at the bargain price of £12.99 (approx $18).
- Available via digital download or DVD.
Please feel free to leave a comment or email me if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to answer them.
Recent blog posts
- It's Time to say Farewell
- A Beginner's Guide to Photoshop Elements 11 - Now Available!
- Happy Holidays 2012
- Coming Soon - A Beginner's Guide to Photoshop Elements 11
- The Facebook 500
- A Beginner's Guide to Fixing Photos - Now Available!
- A Beginner's Guide to Fixing Photos - Coming Soon!
- Site Update - May 2012
- 3photoshop.com - Five Years Old!
- Five Year Anniversary